Hand stretch film, as the name indicates, is used for hand wrapping of goods. The most popular in this group of products is standard film of guaranteed stretch between 120% and 150%. Thin film of 8-12 µm serves best when packing lightweight rounded products, such as plastic bottles. The film of 12-20 µm is intended for securing goods in cardboard boxes and other packaging. Thick film of 20-40 µm is used for securing heavy duty assortment, such as bricks, pavement blocks or metal products.
The fully automated production lines allow for stretch film packing in cardboard boxes of 6 rolls each.
Stretch film packing in cardboard boxes has many advantages:
- Protection against light and UV radiation
- Packaging recycling (e.g. heat-recovery incineration)
- Protection against mechanical damage
- Packaging as a carrier for advertisement
- Minimum use of warehouse space